Product Design Lead
BentoBox puts restaurants online. We are transforming the hospitality industry by helping restaurants stay at the forefront of technology. Our simple and integrated platform gives restaurants industry-specific tools to manage their website and digital operations, delivered in a SaaS model. BentoBox powers industry leaders such as The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re seeking a Product Design Lead to lead as a player-coach, inspiring best-in-class product experiences rooted in simple, intuitive design. The Product Design Lead will consider the restaurant industry and customer with every design decision in order to drive value and make a true impact.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of top-notch designers through effective reviews, thought partnership, and ongoing feedback
- Lead by example, participating in flows, design, prototypes, as needed
- Develop and advocate for a UI framework, patterns and component library that scales effortlessly as the BentoBox platform expands
- Leverage your knowledge of user-centric design process and tools to identify opportunities, test assumptions and validate designs throughout the product delivery cycle
- Manage multiple timelines and prioritize effectively based on business goals
- Partner with Engineering, Product and Marketing to execute on our roadmap
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 6+ years experience as a product designer, interaction designer or digital designer preferably in SaaS applications. 2+ years experience leading design teams.
- Skilled at applying design frameworks to support business metrics - maintaining a balance between creativity, business needs, and what is best for the customer
- Passionate about improving team efficiency, streamlining processes and workflows within the design team and cross-functional teams
- Flexible and agile - you embrace change and growth and know how to lead a team through it
- Exceptional taste and eye for visual design - you design with purpose and with the BentoBox mission and product line in mind
- Confident presenting, advocating and iterating collaboratively
- Proficient with Sketch, prototyping and design tools
- Ability to prototype in browser a plus
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance, including vision and dental
- Flexible vacation plan
- Friday lunches
- Culture perks like dinners at BentoBox customers, cocktail classes, etc.