Junior Web Designer
NextGuest Digital is an award-winning, full-service digital marketing agency and consulting firm working with leading hotel brands and hotel companies throughout the world. We have built an excellent team of top industry professionals, and enjoy a fun and friendly work environment. Our services include full-service digital marketing: display/banner advertising, banner retargeting, website design and development, email marketing, social media, mobile marketing, direct response online advertising, as well as website design and digital technology application development.
Once in a lifetime opportunity to become an industry digital and web design expert!
NextGuest Digital is expanding its team of talented professionals by adding a high energy Junior Web Designer to our New York office to focus on designing HTML5 banners, as well as emails, Facebook tabs, and other social media collateral. As a Junior Designer at NextGuest Digital, you’ll work with the Associate Art Director and Design Director to create marketing designs that follow brand guidelines for hospitality clients, ranging from small boutique hotels, to larger multi-property hotels. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining high design quality.
We offer comfortable boutique business environment with an emphasis on results while retaining work/life balance. Provides excellent opportunities to build responsibilities and grow with company. Position based in Midtown Manhattan, New York.
Responsibilities of a Jr. Web Designer include:
- Design new HTML5 banners and update existing templates for both desktop and mobile
- Design email promotions and email newsletters
- Design Facebook custom tabs and Twitter custom backgrounds
- Design website icons, promo tiles, buttons
- Professional web photography re-touching and color correction
- Maintain high design quality; ensuring that site visual content is consistent
- College degree is required, preferably in Design, Computer Art, Digital Design or something similar
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Sketch and Google Web Designer
- Experience designing display banners, email campaigns, website marketing promotions, image editing, etc
- Strong sense of design, layout, typography and branding for the web
- Expert knowledge of current web design trends and techniques
- Clear understanding of information architecture, Illustration skills a plus
- Experience with social media and mobile websites a plus
- Familiar with OS X operating systems
- Excited to iterate through design concepts to yield the best graphic solution
- Ability to work with pre-existing assets to match look and feel for new features, as well as create new assets and design concepts from scratch
- Knowledge of hospitality and travel industry and technology/marketing solutions a plus
This is a design-only role. While knowledge of development can be helpful, please no developer only applications.
We will not consider candidates without a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design.
This is a Web Design position - print work will not be considered.
Please reply with resume, portfolio and salary expectations.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Casual office environment
- 401K benefits
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Quarterly team outings, from bowling to karaoke and river cruises
- Monthly team lunches
- Weekly happy hours
- Summer Fridays
- Commuter program
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected] Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.