Interactive Motion Designer
Squarespace is powered by design. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. Our team is seeking an Interactive Motion Designer to bring our products and brand to life through animations, prototypes, and videos. You possess strong conceptual design skills as well as the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
You demonstrate respect for the details, a passion for the power of design, and a thorough understanding of how one affects the other. You’re constantly learning and mastering new tools as a means to realize your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, and applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
This role reports to the Visual Design Manager in our New York office.
- Create proofs of concept (motion and/or coded prototypes) that enhance digital experiences and help telling stories.
- Create animations and videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal initiatives and brand campaign work, including campaign microsites and social.
- Through their work, being a bridge between the creative and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with designers and writers to craft stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to incorporate animations and prototypes into production.
- Ability to foresee design and motion trends to keep Squarespace at the forefront of design for web.
- Portfolio of shipping products that show motion as part of UI and the experience.
- You are an expert in motion graphic programs like After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
- Are proficient in 3D applications like Cinema 4D, Blender, Z-Brush, Maya, 3D Studio Max or equivalent.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, and motion graphics/animation.
- Are equally comfortable working autonomously and in collaborative cross-discipline teams.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics and styles.
- Create animations for ads across web and social media
- Have an understanding of high performance graphics, especially in-browser (e.g. WebGL, SVG Animations, etc).
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.