We are hiring an Interactive Designer to help design the future of healthcare, with a focus on the evolution and execution of the marketing website across both web and mobile.
Designers at Oscar are tasked with making complex information intuitive, easy to understand, and human. You will work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with multidisciplinary teams to concept and create delightful brand experiences.
We believe our users define the experiences we create and we work diligently to understand their behaviors and attitudes. This role will collaborate with other designers, engineers, and product managers to support our Marketing and Growth teams.
Who are you?
- A designer with 3+ years of visual design and interaction design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating strong fundamentals across web and mobile: typography, layout, color, grids, and interaction behaviors
- Contribute and evolve our existing brand design system
- Iterative design methodologies drive your ability to gather feedback early and often
- Analyze relevant data and user insights to inform design decisions
- Fluent in web/mobile best paradigms, basic understanding of front-end development and mobile best practices
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Fluent in industry standard design tools including: Sketch, Adobe CS, etc.
- Experience working at product / software companies (nice to have)
Sample projects may include:
- Devise new and interesting ways to tell the Oscar story to prospective members, providers and other partners on our marketing website.
- Create a new framework to help users find publicly available resources. Partner with product designers to update the marketing website’s global navigation for web and mobile.
- Ensure we are providing a consistent brand experience throughout a user’s journey from getting a quote to their entire experience with our marketing website.
- Contribute to the evolution and execution of our our brand design system throughout marketing website and applications.
This position reports to the Director of Product Design in our NYC headquarters.
Oscar has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a note with links to your work and experience.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.