Teachable is currently seeking an outstanding graphic designer to join our marketing department in our NYC office. You’ll work closely with our Brand Manager and will work on a variety of projects from marketing campaigns to editorial content to web design. This includes paid ad development, image sourcing and retouching, design and layout, web page creation and more. This role is ideal for a highly-creative and proactive candidate who is extremely motivated and able to perform well in a dynamic environment.
- Explore and evolve our visual identity over time; become fully immersed in the Teachable brand and mission
- Develop design for a wide variety of digital and physical media, including: printed materials, websites, emails, internal and external videos, social media, events, office branding, and presentations
- Work with the marketing team to optimize paid advertisements and create a range of collateral
- Collaborate across teams to execute a cohesive vision
- Proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Sketch are required; experience with Keynote and After Effects are preferred
- Experience designing for social media (Instagram, Facebook) and other paid media platforms
- Strong typography skills and clean design aesthetic with an emphasis on visual hierarchy, good structure and clear communication
- Photography skills are a plus
- Highly motivated and organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and apply judgment to prioritize
- Ambitious, proactive and resourceful with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress
- Collaborative, team oriented skills but also capable of working independently
- Desire to learn and grow, self-motivated, positive attitude!
- 1-2+ years of professional work experience
- Must include a Design Portfolio - either a link to your website or PDF attachment included in resume or cover letter
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Graphic Design or related field.
- Must be based in NYC or willing to relocate
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform which lets anyone monetize their expertise across a wide range of topics, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. We’ve had triple-digit YOY growth, and our thousands of instructors have earned more than $100M to date. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office just west of Union Square, with great benefits and perks.
You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Competitive salary and health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off; generous parental leave
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office just west of Union Square, your own standing desk or other work space
- Commuter tax benefits
- Employee discounts
- Gym or wellness match benefit