Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $700 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Marketing is a key part of driving the business at Transfix - from building the brand to the acquisition and retention of customers (who care just as much about their customers as we do) and carriers. Marketing also works tirelessly to build great relationships with key stakeholders to our business including industry experts, industry analysts and the media.
We are seeking a marketing driven & graphic design student intern to join our Marketing team. As a Graphic Design Intern, you will have the opportunity to design marketing collateral for a high-growth startup in an industry that’s ripe for automation. You will report directly to the Design Director.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Create engaging graphics for digital and print
- Design for internal collateral and marketing campaigns (booths, social media campaigns, sales material, powerpoint, swag, iconography and more)
- Collaborate cross functionally with other departments in bringing the brand alive
- Provide general support and bring creative perspectives to the marketing team as needed
- A rising junior or senior enrolled in an undergraduate program in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Have a compelling portfolio reflecting experience in digital/interactive, branding, presentations, animation, illustration, and print design
- Available to commit 20-30hrs per week for the summer
- Have a great eye for details
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- A self-starter, team player and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate effectively and concisely
Applicants for this position must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.