Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor bi-weekly catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also host bi-weekly company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our Director of UX and Product Design will be essential in owning Fundera's product design strategy and ensuring the design team is driving growth in the business. They will work towards achieving the Fundera vision by constantly designing solutions for end-users within our most important products and projects. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Director of UX & Product Design, You’ll Get to...
- Lead a team of product designers with focus on consumer facing products while remaining hands on.
- Be responsible for Fundera’s product design strategy as demonstrated through assembling the vision, execution and refinement as an expert UX leader.
- Bring your industry expertise of UX/UI and design fundamentals into the Fundera experience to evolve Fundera into a best-in-class customer experience driving growth, engagement, and revenue.
- Build, mentor, and lead a high performing team with an impact-driven approach while encouraging rapid ideation, iterating and experimentation.
- Guide the design team to translate concepts into user journeys, experience maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that reflect Fundera’s goals and priorities.
- Develop guiding principles that represent Fundera’s design point of view and actively work to incorporate them into Fundera’s product development process.
- Demonstrate your clear understanding of the current and future vision of the Fundera business. Specifically around how we generate revenue, how we measure success and how that ties into product design and development.
- Be actively involved in Product and Tech goal setting by representing the Fundera customer and experience. You’ll educate the organization on user research techniques as demonstrated through execution and application in the product development process.
- Stay current with the latest design trends and processes as well as industry expectations and capabilities.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- Led a team of product designers with focus on Consumer facing products.
- Experience in working with engineering, PM, and stakeholders to prioritize and ship.
- Led cross-functional teams through the creative process and delivered interfaces for B2C products.
- Experience in rapidly iterating on designs based on user feedback and data-driven insights.
- Experience in leading product & user research, ideation and innovation, information architecture, and visual design.
- Experienced in user interaction data analyses to drive design decisions.
- Proficiency in wireframing, sketch, and prototyping tools eg Balsamiq, Sketch, InVision.
- Experience in cross-functional management with the goal to drive the success of the product.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the experience, apply below to be our Director of UX & Product Design.