Director of Product Design
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages. To support these platforms and our business, we are currently seeking a seasoned and highly experience Design Director to oversee and manage the user experience Design teams for our Diner Products in our New York City office location.
- Have oversight and be responsible for time commitments for all design work
- Be responsible for helping set and shape Grubhub’s design vision and direction
- Oversee the coaching and developing of Design managers and Design Leads
- Serve as a key member of the Product Leadership team (along with User Research and Product Management)
- Be responsible for building a high performing and efficient design organization
You Should Have
- 10+ years experience in Design and user experience
- 7+ years experience leading or managing ux design teams
- Strong ability to own the definition, prioritization, resourcing, and execution of strategic efforts for the evolution of diner products
- Strong collaboration skills to ensure seamless partnership between Product Management, User Research, and Engineer Leaders to ensure the delivery of work aligns to the overall company goals
- Superior domain knowledge and expertise in several design competencies and how they relate to business and technology.
- Bachelors Degree in Creative or Design related field
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.