About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is growing. And our creative team is growing with it—we’re looking for a designer to support our email-driven CRM team. You’ll be an integral part of the creative department, reporting to the creative director and working in our New York location.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Establish design direction for projects that embrace the Grubhub brand guidelines and personality.
- Deliver high quality, meticulously crafted work in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Embrace daily challenges and be resourceful in solving problems.
- Present creative work with confidence, clarity and sound rationale.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Manage working time and stay organized to handle multiple assignments and meet all deadlines.
- Be a cool, fun, real human being who works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Love food and show an insatiable curiosity to learn more about it.
You Should Have
- Portfolio (with link) demonstrating strategic, systematic and conceptual design work
- Experience designing email and knowledge of best practices
- Experience developing and working with design pattern libraries
- Proficiency with Adobe CC and HTML
- Mastery of type, color and composition
- 3–5 years experience at an agency, studio or in-house working in digital
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Experience with After Effects, InVision, Sketch, video, photography
- Working knowledge of product development sprints
- Experience with ecommerce
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
- Finally, work with an awesome team that loves its work and also loves to have a great time!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.