Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places and Pilgrim SDK (for developers), and Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission— informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is now a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About The Role
Foursquare is seeking a passionate, curious, and thoughtful Designer to join the Creative team. In this role, you will support our corporate brand by creating sales collateral, build templates, including presentation decks, sell sheets, swag and brochures. You will design and translate complicated concepts into easily digestible and visually pleasing presentations and data visualizations. You’ll play an important role by not only designing and delivering but also by being a thought partner. You’ll have solid design skills, possess a good understanding of motion graphics and enjoy working on a variety of creative initiatives. This job requires extensive collaboration with our marketing, sales and product teams to deliver visual solutions that will directly impact the growth of our products.
As a Designer at Foursquare, you’ll help communicate our B2B products through thoughtful visual storytelling and compelling design. You understand that the key to great design is great communication, and you obsess over understanding our users so that your work is relevant and insightful to our audience.
- Work closely with Growth Marketing, Product and Sales teams to create assets and materials that reflect the Foursquare brand, communicate our value, and create engagement with our clients and partners
- Contribute as a designer and illustrator to create and execute marketing and branding initiatives such as presentations (decks and templates), whitepapers, landing pages, social media assets, swag, iconography, animated GIFs, website assets, infographics, and print & digital campaigns.
- Conceptualize design solutions, provide oversight and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials. You’ll be responsible for project intake, execution and delivery.
- Partner with Product Marketing Managers to concept new and creative solutions to communicate complex topics simply, and refine project strategies and translate them into strong designs.
- Create templates for various types of assets.
- Partner with the marketing team to work cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers, and project leads to deliver quality designs.
- Passion and ability to expand brand expression, visual identity systems and B2B experiences.
- Be an advocate for exceptional visual design at Foursquare.
- 3+ years as a visual or brand designer for an in-house brand/marketing team or design agency; bonus points if you've worked in a startup or tech company.
- A strong portfolio showcasing strengths in illustration, content layout, typography, design systems, storytelling and a wide breadth of marketing executions
- Experience with data visualization and infographics and can visualize complex data into an consumable, visual format
- Proficient in motion graphics/animation/video (After Effects, Adobe Premiere) a huge plus
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, able to organize, prioritize and produce results independently, work within tight deadlines, and manage all aspects of a project
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment that is ever changing
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to be a part of building our company and the products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.