The Creative Director of Science Channel will be responsible for conceiving and overseeing creative development of promotional campaigns, Network branding and cross-promotional marketing initiatives. This candidate must be able to lead and inspire both staff and freelance writer/producers, helping them to shape and realize their creative vision while remaining true to the brand goals. Must have a clear understanding of the brand, our consumer and a vision towards the future. Experience in executing ideas across all messaging mediums is a must.
1. Communicate the brand character and personality of the channel to viewers through consistent on-air messages that drive viewer loyalty, build ratings and contribute to overall business objectives.
2. Work closely marketing strategy team to best position the tone and voice of marketing assets.
3. Manage a talented promotion team in an environment that fosters creative excellence, innovation and appropriate risk-taking.
4. Provide thinking that challenges the status quo to develop breakthrough creative and programs to drive awareness and tune-in. Inspire work that ensures the brand continues to be bold, risk-taking and unique.
5. Provide creative insight and guidance to internal teams, including internal creative partners, Media Planning, Digital Media, Communications, and external resources, ultimately driving an integrated approach to advertising, promotion and marketing creative.
6. Utilize external resources as needed to help achieve and set the highest creative standards in the industry
7. As necessary, write and produce on-air promos, voiceovers, opens, graphics, bumps, teases and other short presentations such as vignettes, marketing tapes, presentation reels, advertiser sponsored materials, etc.
8. Ability to effectively communicate with SVP of Marketing about candidate’s creative vision and continued evolution of the brand.
9. Accountability also includes overseeing appropriate budget tracking and allocations.
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field of study.
* Ten+ years promotion and marketing experience with promotion-specific track record in the television or entertainment, brand management, or promotion agency industries.
* Must have proven prior experience in 360 marketing. Including print shoots and executions, web design management and off air campaign spends.
* Knowledge of all aspects of promotion and its effective execution and measurement in current marketplace conditions.
* Knowledge of post production and broadcast television operations including ratings. HD experience a plus.
* Interpersonal leadership, verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational, motivational, prioritization and strategic thinking skills a must.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.