Candid™ is helping people get the straight teeth they've always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high-quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients across the U.S.. Candid is a breakout startup based in NYC, in a short 18 month period, Candid has delivered orthodontic access to tens-of-thousands of customers, has 300 employees and has raised ~$90M in funding. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health. Candid also partners with Smile Train, a nonprofit organization that has provided corrective surgery for over a million children with cleft lips and palates. Many children with clefts around the world live in isolation, but more importantly, have difficulty eating, breathing, hearing, and speaking. Cleft repair surgery is simple, and the transformation is immediate. Candid donates money to Smile Train with every aligner sold, ensuring access to treatment in parts of the world that can least afford it.
Candid's Creative Director is ultimately responsible for developing Candid's brand and ensuring we're regarded as the foremost consumer brand of our generation. Their work will primarily contribute to large scale campaigns that meet our advertising goals (KPIs) while simultaneously meeting our customer goals (understand how Candid fits into their life and makes Candid the obvious choice for them.)
Our Creative Director will build and lead Candid's brand studio and will ensure the creative team is constantly delivering thoughtful solutions, has keen attention to detail, and consistently levels up Candid's brand. They will recruit, build and lead the creative team ensuring every hire isn't just world-class at what they do, but are responsible for a culture of creativity and design thinking that permeates our company. They will work directly with our acquisition and retention marketing organizations to understand their needs and translate them into a direction that the team can successfully execute against. They will use data to develop hypotheses about why certain customer behavior exists, and generate insights that drive campaign ideas. Additionally, they will learn the limitations of Candid's marketing and advertising toolset and work to fill gaps that exist. Finally, they will be expected to be an expert in the metrics that measure the success of their campaign work and the levers that affect them.
The ideal candidate comes from a top creative agency with a background in either copywriting or design but with competency and a point of view of the other modality. They will have experience across both online and offline mediums and has experience and success working on integrated 360 performance and brand campaigns for consumer products across OOH, TV, social and display. They will have a provable track record of millions of dollars spent successfully against their work, and an award-winning body of work doesn't hurt here, either. This role reports to Candid's Chief Design Officer.
What You’ll Do
- Build and lead Candid’s Brand Studio, recruit and help grow the creative team from the ground up
- Work on integrated 360 performance and brand campaigns leading creative for OOH, TV, Social, and Display
- Create campaigns in lock-step with performance and acquisition marketing that balance acquisition goals and customer needs
- Manage, lead, and mentor a large, multidisciplinary design org
- Guide internal teams, agencies and partners on large scale strategic projects
- Ensure flawless execution, garnering high design standards from the team, on-time delivery of work and work that is free of errors
- Solve problems where you can, only escalating when you can’t and where you need help
- Move freely between creative ideation, production, project management, and mentorship while giving your team room to grow and learn from you
- Aire on the side of speed, think analytically, know how to spot the best ideas and invest in them with a high degree of efficacy
- Data-driven and an obsession with campaign performance, learning from prior work to make the next set of work that much better
- Be a strong leader and ambassador for design within Candid and in the design industry at large, be someone people trust, look up to and are confident in bringing out the best in them
What You’ll Need
- 9+ years minimum experience as leading a Creative team
- Cross-functional experience working with all teams throughout an organization
- Proven track record of millions of dollars spent against their work
- Goal oriented and process oriented work delivery
- Know your metrics and the levers that help meet the goal of the company
- Experience utilizing data to develop hypotheses about why certain customer behavior exists, and generate insights that drive campaign ideas
- Ability to balance iteration speed with quality
- Award winning work a bonus
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.