Creative Director - National
You’re passionate about great creative, and have deep experience at leading teams in the execution of world class work. You understand how to create work that has meaningful impact and this is an opportunity for you to do so at a fast growing technology company. You have worked on projects that are considered great examples of the confluence of digital product, storytelling and world class visual design.
The Creative Director will be on the National team responsible for leading the creative partnership and service needs between the marketing and brand create team and the product design team. You will strive to deliver the brand vision, visual design language and art direction across our marketing product suite including beautiful, scalable and effective content to fill our tools (Email, Social Media, Print Collateral, Presentations, Videos etc).
You will work closely with the CDs across brand, innovation and field marketing as well as the VP of Product Design, product designers and product managers. You will deliver and guide inspiring work throughout these channels. You will recruit and mentor design teams, and build a scalable design system that can help power Compass’ growth to hundreds of offices around the world. You will work everyday to assure that the work being created by our design teams across the country is world class and has an impact on the company goals. In addition to the product focus you will oversee a wide variety of creative projects across many different channels in support of the Product Marketing function, helping to drive awareness and adoption of our tools among our agents globally. This includes branding, advertising, photo, video, social and beyond. You will report to the Chief Creative Officer.
What We're Looking For:
- Infectious leader who can inspire and execute all things design and creative: from concept to craft
- Solutions-driven advocate of creativity: you can work through operational challenges and develop processes to ensure impactful and beautiful work
- Top design skills and a portfolio to prove it: you like to get your hands dirty and are prolific with creative output
- Expert at client interactions with the ability to sell in work and speak not just passionately about design and creativity, but also plainly to those who are inexperienced
- Relish the process of receiving and giving feedback from both internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic to take on many different types of projects: starting initiatives from scratch, implementing established style guides, evolving existing processes
- Ability to move fast and explore many ideas at once, without getting bogged down on any one project
- Ability to learn from mistakes and misfires and come back stronger for it
- Passionate about mentoring and collaborating with other designers
- 8+ years managing design teams and leading projects with demonstrated results
- Currently authorized to work in the United States
At Compass You Will:
- Make great work. First and foremost you are responsible to make incredible creative work at Compass both individually and driving your team.
- Direct and control the activities of a broad Creative functional area helping service several departments within the company.
- Mentor and manage a team of creative talent including design, art direction and copywriting, photographers, videographers and more
- Recruit top talent to the company to build the future of the department
- Oversee the quality and Creative Direction of Compass across design, usability, content, branding, and overall experience in partnership with the Product Design team
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create pioneering work.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Oversee the management and advancement of high-level Creative team members.
- Control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Own the OKR setting and review process for your team.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participate in organizational development of your team and the methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensure budgets and schedules meet organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing Directors, National Creative Directors, and Production/Traffic to marry business objectives with exciting creative that performs.
- Regularly interact with executives and influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Develop new original concepts and then lead the visual design to bring ideas to life.
- Influence the national style guide by applying and adapting it.
- Work with the talent team to recruit and manage freelance creative talent.
- Contribute to development of budgets and timelines for creative projects
The Marketing & Creative team at Compass is responsible for shaping every aspect of the company, including the brand, the product, and all marketing and communications. We value great brands and believe design and creative culture to be an important part of the Compass mission. Visit our instagram channel @compasscreates
This is a sweeping challenge that provides an incredible opportunity to work with various mediums and on many different types of projects. We’re building an organization and products that can provide the best possible services to a growing network of the world’s best agents. By doing this we help fulfill our Mission of helping everyone find their place in the world.