Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Tech
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institutional.
The Role: Art Director
As our Art Director at Gemini, you’ll form the cornerstone of content. You’ll join a dynamic team of innovative UI and UX designers and developers working to bring our user experience to the next level. The Art Director will liaise directly with our Marketing & Communications teams to create the most compelling and creative video, ad, and social content. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for defining how the world views Gemini, evangelizing and educating users about the innovative industry that is cryptocurrency.
- Evolve, explore and apply our visual identity; become fully immersed in the Gemini brand and mission
- Partner closely with Marketing to build a compelling, strategic, and effective content roadmap
- Work on multiple digital projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end
- Execute and produce a mix of graphic, motion, and photographic content
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes marketing, engineers, and product managers in order to create compelling content for the user
- Support multiple business lines with creation of digital assets
- Work with the Creative and Marketing Director to formulate, communicate and transform a complex system into a simplistic message
- 7-12 years experience in visual design
- Portfolio that shows an eye for detail, understanding of typography, and aesthetic filled with integrated, cross platform, campaigns
- Strong organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills, as well as attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter with a passion for design and finding smart solutions to complex problems
- Is an experienced multi-tasker and is not intimidated by the thought of juggling multiple projects and tasks at once
- Crafts stories and build brands through campaign level thinking and execution
- Can translate strategy into design across print, web, mobile and video
- 1-2 years acting as Art Director or senior visual designer at a digital agency or in-house
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
- Expert level skills in Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), the Google suite of apps, and a working knowledge of Sketch/Figma as well as emerging interactive design trends
- Experience in design targeting users within the finance, technology, or fintech industries specifically
- Is a creative thinker who embraces challenges and new methods of thinking beyond the tasks at hand with a holistic and methodical approach
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.