At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Deployment Manager at Intersection, you will facilitate, expedite and drive projects within the deployment process, oversee pre-construction, construction and activation phases of the project in order to drive installation towards project goals.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide leadership for project team by managing, coordinating, and developing staff
- Serve as the main point of contact for service providers, vendors, and outside agencies
- Provide high-level interactions across various functional groups and understand the deployment process
- Oversee various stages through the project life cycle, from planning to pre-construction, construction and post construction
- Monitor the budget, oversee and document all aspects of the project
- Maintain project schedules by monitoring progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions
- Review of contracts, negotiation, and maintenance
- Manage Civil and Electrical contractors as well as other service providers
- Coordinate field activities, assist with issue resolution or escalation
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends, recommending actions.
- Maintain project database by entering and monitoring data, manage workflow and assignments
What we are looking for:
- 10 years as a project manager, project engineer or related field
- Construction, telecom or site work experience is a plus
- SiteTraker or database experience is a plus
- Multitasking ability (prioritize, organize, and schedule work)
- Problem-solving (identify, analyze, research, evaluate and resolve)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and partner management)
- Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, architecture, project management or related field
- Honesty & integrity, character that is above reproach, Detail/ accuracy oriented, sharp-witted & discerning, exhibit strong analytical ability, and quickly “sees through” a situation
- Open, thoughtful and direct communicator, responsive with regards to team needs, ensures information flows appropriately across cross-functional teams, drives consensus when necessary, and knows how to influence-for-results
- Manages projects, resources and initiatives effectively
- Efficient, organized, and known to “get things done”
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.