VP, Data Insights Engineering
We are looking for an inspiring leader for our Data Insights Engineering team. The team is an entrepreneurial, customer-focused group of engineers and data scientists who drive new data capabilities across Flatiron. The team members are staffed cross-functionally, covering our entire product and platform portfolio.
Our Data Insights Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, including academia, tech companies, healthcare consulting, and their own startups, but they share a common passion and drive to solve the most impactful problems in cancer care and research.
As the VP of Data Insights, you will lead a diverse and talented team with expertise in digging into open-ended customer problems, prototyping, and rapidly iterating on data products from initial discovery to production. The team unlocks new value and possibilities from our data, always using the most effective tool for the job. Sometime this means an interactive visualization; sometimes, the latest techniques in machine learning.
What you'll do:
- Drive the strategic direction and priorities for Data Insights at Flatiron
- Partner with senior leaders across Quantitative Sciences, Engineering, and Product to establish Flatiron as a top data science company in healthcare
- Interact with customers, understand their needs to help drive our data products strategy
- Immerse yourself in the business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities to unlock new value from our unique data sets
- Attract, hire, and retain amazing people, and work with cross-functional leadership teams to deploy this talent to solve our most important problems
- Mentor our team members to tackle bigger and harder problems; build a leadership bench to support significant team growth
- Scale the culture and mandate of the function as we prepare to enter our next wave of rapid growth
Who you are:
- You have experience leading rapidly growing data teams in an entrepreneurial environment, and have spent 10+ years solving technical problems
- You are effective representing your company and your team to our most important customers and stakeholders
- You are extremely thoughtful about culture and leadership, and you value diversity of thought and experiences
- You are a brilliant communicator and a compelling storyteller, both verbally and in writing
- You are a natural mentor. You have a passion for teaching those of various backgrounds and levels of experience
- You are value-oriented and practical in how you apply data to problems and have empathy for what it means to build sustainable products at scale
- You understand a broad spectrum of methods and disciplines in data science and analytics, and you are especially skilled in at least one of these fields: machine learning, data analytics, decision science, operations research, data modeling, business intelligence, or data engineering
- You exemplify Flatiron values and are a cultural champion for them: you are vocally self-critical, willing to sit on the floor, and focused on solving problems that matter
Flatiron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.