Strategy & Operations Analyst
Who We Are
Nowsta helps employers become better managers by giving them the tools they need to automate, simplify, and humanize the labor management process (think scheduling, time tracking, payroll processing integrations, and reporting + analytics). We’re building the first all in one platform for scheduling and time tracking, vendor and labor management, and financial wellness. Our mission is to create a better and more human work experience for managers and employees, and change the way hourly workers get paid, through a wellness benefit program that gives employees access to cash out earnings instantly for the work they've already completed.
Nowsta powers some of the largest workforces in sectors such as events, hospitality, staffing, and many more. Employers turn to Nowsta when they want to streamline operations, reduce turnover, and increase workplace satisfaction.
We’re backed by some great investors including Ulu, Green Visor, and Compound Ventures. We work hard together, but also enjoy taking team trips, debating the greatest Seinfeld scenes, and eating lots of BBQ.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly organized, process-oriented, Strategy & Operations Analyst who can support our business and financial planning activities. You will work directly with the Head of Operations and Finance to develop business line P&Ls, implement metrics and reporting around our sales process, and support strategic business decisions through data analysis. For example, solving for contribution margin and sales volume with respect to change in price.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of developing and maintaining business line budgets, pro forma financials, and P&Ls
- Support strategic, as well as ad-hoc analyses used to make business decisions
- Build reporting and metrics around our top line revenue goals, and create quantifiable metrics to highlight progress, areas for improvement
- Support process improvement initiatives - ways to streamline our customer workflows, internal workflows, etc.
- Provide support with financial operations reporting and tracking (aged receivables, customer account analysis)
- You’re biased towards action and can get things done effectively with little intervention
- You’re an efficient problem solver, and often use data to inform solve inquiries and inform decisions
- You love excel, and may even brag to others how you write the best formulas / VBA
- You enjoy winning as a team, and recognize the team’s outcome is more important than the individual
- Bachelor's degree from a top university in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, finance, or business
- 0-2 years experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, or operational experience at a high growth company
- Excellent Excel, Powerpoint skills; familiarity with BI tools, G-suite, other tools (e.g. Python) preferred