Strategy & Operations Analyst
As a Strategy & Operations Analyst on the JW Player team, your primary focus will be to implement, improve, and maintain Looker and support data-driven decision making across departments and throughout the company. This includes maintaining the company’s data models in Looker, ensuring high data quality, building reports, dashboards, and conducting analysis across different departments.
You will also identify analytic opportunities to optimize business processes, prepare complex reporting & analyses, and respond to ad-hoc data requests. You will interact with and support stakeholders across all levels and departments have the opportunity to impact their strategic, operational, and technical decision making. Your mission will be to present the right data to the right people at the right time.
This position will report to the Director of Strategy & Operations and will be a key member of the business intelligence team. This role will have incredible visibility to a fast-growing SaaS company’s trove of business and product data.
In this role, you will:
- Become a subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform, and visualization tool
- Work directly with a wide array of stakeholders to deliver scheduled and ad-hoc data reports
- Create and update dashboards to monitor departmental and company performance
- Clearly explain complex analysis and actional results to non-technical users
- Have many opportunities to learn about (and develop skills relevant to) strategy and operations at a SaaS company
- 2+ years of data analytics / business analytics experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, etc.)
Experience transforming data and creating visualizations & dashboards using business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, SAP, QlikView, Oracle)
- Proficient in SQL and familiar with relational databases and different data structures
- Excellent cross-team communication skills
- Inquisitive and analytical mindset
- Highly detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and follow up
- Experience implementing LookML and developing reports and dashboards in Looker
- Knowledge of ETL/Data Pipeline best practices
- Experience with data from CRM, web analytics tools, and online payment systems
- Experience working as an individual contributor in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with SaaS based business
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.