Strategy And Operations Associate
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role, you will support the launch of our Medicare Advantage business. You will join our Medicare Advantage team. You will work directly with the General Manager and interact with all functions across Oscar. You will own & drive the project management and will participate in designing our go-to-market approach.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model reach new members.
What is the position?
- Strong exposure to all levels of the company and across all functions
- Liaise with all functional teams to establish the go-to-market roadmap (workstreams, milestones)
- Ensure teams meet their roadmap milestones & facilitate support where and when needed
- Orchestrate the leadership team and cross-team reporting
- Help establish & manage the team budget
- Become an expert in the respective area of government programs
- Deep dive into and take ownership of 2 - 3 workstreams as need be
- Report directly to the General Manager
Who are you?
- You have Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You have 2 - 3 years of work experience at a renown organization with high quality bars
- You have experience in and enjoy managing large projects that require strong organizational skills and collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail and always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare and a knack for making processes more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.