Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our Software Engineer, Data will be essential in driving data engineering efforts at Fundera. They will work closely with analysts, machine learning engineers, and product engineers to build and maintain engineering products that help leverage data to improve bottom-line business metrics. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Software Engineer, Data, You'll Get to...
- Help maintain and extend data warehousing capabilities.
- Improve functionality of existing machine learning infrastructure (Python).
- Make data quality and data tracking improvements on our website application which is built with Ruby on Rails and React.
- Build new ETLs and extend existing ones.
- Design and build scalable, efficient, and reliable data pipelines.
- Work closely with product engineering to ship experiments related to deploying new models on the website.
- Work closely with analysts to encode business logic into code.
We're Looking for People Who Have...
- Exceptional coding skills and experience in mainstream languages like Python/Ruby/Java/Scala.
- Experience designing, coding, and launching ETLs in production.
- Deep familiarity and comfort with working in the Linux environment.
- Worked with both OLTP (Postgres/Mysql) and MPP OLAP (Redshift/Vertica/Snowflake) databases.
- Processed data with SQL (experience with Hadoop/Spark/Storm would be great!).
- Some frontend engineering experience.
It'd Be Nice to Have...
- Worked with data scientists, feature engineering, or building machine learning models.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure.
- Worked with distributed systems.
- Experience or strong interest in learning basic machine learning skills.
- Experience in any of our stack (Python/Snowflake/AWS).
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relative experience, apply below to be our Software Engineer, Data.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.