Software Engineer (Data)
Greater NYC Area
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it probably should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Perch helps customers sell their home on their schedule without the hassles, at market price. Perch enables home buyers to choose from an inventory of certified pre-owned houses, making it easy to discover and close on a move-in ready, quality home.
Perch is headquartered in New York with offices throughout Texas. We have raised over $30 million in funding to date and are backed by top investors including FirstMark, Accomplice, and Juxtapose.
Role and Responsibilities
Exciting opportunity to join a new, venture-funded business at the ground floor and play an instrumental role in making the home selling experience easier for our customers. If you want to play a key role in scaling in a new, innovative business this is the right role for you.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience creating, updating and maintaining data pipelines as well as the ability to analyze, validate and gain insights from internal and external data sources. The real estate space has a significant amount of data specific to each market. As we grow and expand into new markets, so to will the data we are collecting, processing, and analyzing.
In this role you will:
In this role you will:
- Build and deploy data pipelines working closely with other engineers to ensure they are well tested and continuously deployed.
- As we move into new markets or develop new techniques, incorporate the relevant data into our existing infrastructure.
- Rapidly prototype 3rd party data and APIs to assess quality and cleanliness.
- Insulate the downstream consumers from any quirks or issues in the 3rd party apis or data.
- Gain familiarity with the real estate buying and selling process and the data that helps to facilitate it.
- Work closely with the business users to extract insights, measure features, and inform future product development.
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Familiarity with python data processing libraries (numpy, pandas, etc.), Airflow, Luigi, Spark, AWS, Kafka, Hadoop are a plus.
- Experience monitoring and managing a data pipelines and be able to take corrective actions .
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong problem solving skills
- Real estate domain experience is a plus
- 3+ years software engineering experience with a focus on data
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Results orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Flexibility to prioritize deliverables and re-prioritize them at a moment’s notice
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
Read Full Job Description