Senior Software Engineer - Data Systems
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
The Yext Engineering Team drives the technology behind our revolutionary product offering! We’re looking for Software Engineers to help us continue building out our product and services. Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
- Design and implement data-intensive software systems including real-time stream processors, data warehouses, and ETLs.
- Lead full software lifecycle including deployment and monitoring of user-facing applications.
- Collaborate effectively cross-functionally to understand stakeholder requirements.
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code.
- Mentor junior developers and provide thought leadership in the data and analytics space, potentially acting as a team lead for certain projects.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ year of industry experience
- Experience working with and architecting data-intensive applications using technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop or related.
- Strong foundation in design of reusable and maintainable software.
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (we use mostly Java)
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high-growth environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.