Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Greater NYC Area
Analytical Flavor Systems is the Series A predictive analytics company behind Gastrograph AI, a machine learning and artificial intelligence platform for modeling human sensory perception and predicting consumer preference of food and beverage products. We help food and beverage companies develop new products, enter new markets, and optimize their existing brands.
We are seeking a senior software engineer to work on our data platform that runs all of our machine learning models. The ideal candidate has experience with data workflow tools such as Apache Airflow, a strong understanding of Linux systems, and knowledge of data engineering best practices.
- Experience with Docker
- Fluency in Python
- Experience with cloud environments such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Strong systems design and architecture skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building machine learning orchestration systems or production data pipelines
- Exposure to tools such as Apache Airflow, Nifi, Oozie, or Luigi
- Exposure to R
- Conceptual understanding of machine learning
At Analytical Flavor Systems, you have the opportunity to grow with a thriving company that is looking to revolutionize the food and beverage industry. We have a collaborative and supportive work environment that holds quality to a high standard, not only with our work but with our people. Do you believe you can rise to the challenge?
In addition to competitive salaries, Analytical Flavor Systems provides employees with an outstanding benefits package:
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% coverage of Short-term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation and Sick time
- Employees choose between a company-sponsored transit reimbursement or gym contribution to ClassPass, NYHRC, or TSI
Analytical Flavor Systems provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Read Full Job Description