Senior Data Scientist
You will join the Data Science (DS) team in our New York or Reno office, assisting our ambitious and mission-critical goal of enhancing our models for detecting intent signals from companies all across the world by analyzing, interpreting, and model upon Bombora’s significant reserves of B2B intent data. You will directly contribute to our efforts extract knowledge from web content with use of NLU models. You will implement these models within our analytics libraries. You will have fun (or we really hope you do).
What you'll do:
- Lead content-knowledge modeling endeavors at Bombora, responsible for model performance, delivery and impact.
- Perform research, analysis and modeling in NLU for extracting conceptual structure from human language contained in web content our system collects.
- Implement models, algorithms and machine learning operations, leveraging Apache Spark and PyTorch and other ML libraries.
- Recruit, interview, organize and maintain a team of data scientist interns, to contribute to NLP modeling endeavors.
- Employ test-driven development, performance benchmarking, rapid release schedule, and continuous integration.
- Evangelize Bombora DS, both internally across company and to customers, industry leaders, and the general business community.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, story planning, reviews, retrospectives, and the occasional outing to nearby local cuisine and / or culture.
What you bring to the table:
- Education: M.S. / Ph.D. in data science, computer science, physics, electrical engineering, applied mathematics, or related degree
- Probability + Statistics: solid fundamentals across the mathematics that allows us to interpret the world, empirically. Against all else, these should be the concepts upon which you always rely.
- ML+NLP: solid + professional experience (2+ years) in machine learning applications in natural language processing in both classical and deep learning approaches.
- Fluency: In Python, Matlab, or Scala or perhaps a few other languages, (we like Scala, R and Julia).
- Agile-minded: fan of TDD and agile methodologies (we're a Kanban team)
- Graphical Theory + Inference: knowledge and experience with common graphical models, e.g. HMM, markov random field, and bayesian network.
- Data wrangler: Passionate about data and the ability to leverage data to understand systems.
- Algorithms / Data Structures: Design patterns, efficiency, using the right abstraction for the task.
- Functional Programming: filters and maps, currying and partial evaluation, group-by and reduce-by, oh my!
Bonus points for experience in:
- Data visualization: IPython, matplotlib, D3js, svg.
- Graph Processing: Pregel, GraphLab, or GraphX.
- Google Cloud Platform: use of GCP to support ML endeavors
- Talking shop: around games of ping-pong, pool, and potentially other games that spontaneously erupt in the office.
About Bombora Data Science:
Bombora Data Science is an emergent team tasked with knowledge extraction and insight generation from Bombora's significant reserves of consumer intent data. We are passionate about understanding the complex systems we model and extracting real value from the massive data we analyze. A significant undertaking, we enjoy the challenge, and have fun with the entire Bombora team doing so.
At Bombora, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Bombora is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Employment offers are contingent upon completion of successful background checks.