Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist in Machine Learning to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. It is crucial that you have a Masters or PhD with a thesis and work in application of machine learning methodologies. You will work with large data sets and perform extensive analysis, leveraging deep learning and other advanced tools and methodologies.
You will lead and contribute to mission-critical internal and customer-facing analyses and scientific research activities by developing models and algorithms to better understand the connections between healthcare provider characteristics, care quality, and patient care patterns and outcomes. This role will also include helping to shape Covera Health’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities and helping to lead and mentor junior members of the data science team.
You will be expected to:
- Work with a variety of healthcare data, including: healthcare provider profile data, medical images, medical reports, longitudinal claims data, and proprietary diagnostic imaging exam quality assessment data
- Create, extend, and validate models for prediction and classification
- Contribute to the enhancement and extension of the data analytics pipelines and environment
- Collaborate with data science team members and other colleagues on data analysis projects and research activities
- Communicate the results of analysis and research projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and mentor junior members of the data science team
- Help to shape Covera Health’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities
- Perform other duties and contribute to additional initiatives/projects, as deemed appropriate by the Company’s management team
- Three to five year’s work experience as a Data Scientist
- PhD or MS in computer science or related field from top academic program, including a thesis project focused on the application or improvement of machine learning methodologies
- Extensive experience developing machine learning models and algorithms for supervised, unsupervised, and semi-supervised problems, including Deep Learning
- Extensive experience with Python and R
- Experience developing code that is leveraged by a wider team and/or contributing to a collaborative code base
- Experience configuring and executing analyses in the cloud (e.g. using AWS resources)
- Strong communicator with excellent ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with medical data is a plus
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!