Senior Data Operations Manager
We're looking for a Senior Data Operations Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Data Operations Manager, you will manage all activities which enable data integrations with health system partners as part of developing Flatiron’s real-world evidence products in international markets. In partnership with our Business Development team, this role will also help drive external interactions with oncology providers, regulators or health authorities.
In this role, you will lead the planning and activities for establishing data integrations with our international health system partners. You will work directly with our partners’ IT teams to understand how their data is stored, how it can work with Flatiron’s data platforms, and how to scale and automate integration activities over time. You will learn how we’ve implemented data integrations in the U.S. and determine what commonalities and efficiencies can translate to our ex-U.S. system(s). You will also partner closely with our internal Business Development, Engineering and Product teams to understand our customers’ needs and contribute to product roadmap development. In addition, you'll also:
- Collaborate with our health systems partners to establish secure and efficient data integration processes
- Transform data captured by our health systems partners to power Flatiron’s data platforms and research products
- Implement quality assurance processes to ensure extracted data is high quality
- Design technical and operational processes over time that enable us to scale and automate data integrations across multiple partners/sites
- Partner with Business Development, Product and Engineering to understand our partners and the oncology data landscape in new, international markets
This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team focused on international expansion, and could grow and evolve in several exciting directions over time. Initially based in New York, you’ll spend time onboarding with our US-based teams but candidates will be open to relocation to the UK in the future (most likely to London).
Who You Are
You're a creative thinker with 5+ years of data integration, ETL development, or data architecture experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are proficient in SQL and other query languages
- You have a passion for working with data and understanding how it can be turned into products to support that support oncology research
- You have demonstrated customer and project management skills, and a track record of success in bringing complex, technical projects to completion with partners or third parties
- You have a “get it done” mentality, self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment, and enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse team of individuals with different backgrounds and skill sets
- You are a strong communicator with an ability to adapt communication style across stakeholders, both internal and external, with varying levels of seniority
- While this role will initially be based in New York City, you’re willing to relocate internationally (most likely to London) after an initial onboarding period
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with electronic medical record systems, practice management systems, or other complex systems processing healthcare or biotechnology R&D data
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.