Senior Data Analyst
The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he team up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and create the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the growing Engineering & Technology team. You’ll be tasked with leveraging our technology and data stack to execute, analyze, understand, and improve a wide array of functions for our marketing, operations, CX, and finance teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to elevate the analytics functions at The Farmer's Dog through partnering with stakeholders across the business to understanding their data and insight needs. In doing so, you’ll not only help analyze and understand data trends, but you’ll have an active voice in the development and growth of the business.
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and business data
- Use SQL & Python/R to create automated reporting dashboards that support a wide variety of reporting and business needs (KPI Dashboards, Progress Reports, Test Results, etc.).
- Interpret consumer research studies and help guide the business strategy based on the results
- Work cross-functionally to understand and elevate the analytics functions of experience development, business development, consumer marketing strategy, margin optimization, etc.
- Support brand and growth teams who are charged with creating campaigns, messaging, and managing channel initiatives
- Bring customer profiles, personalities, and needs to life within the company
- Drive the intersection of consumer needs, testing, and measurement (test & learn) agendas of the business
- 3+ years of experience using data and analytics to drive business
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and its applications
- Working knowledge of Python or R
- Proven record of delivering consumer-led business outcomes
- Proven track record of delivering on business objectives – from structuring work, people and interdependencies; prioritizing; executing and presenting and influencing outcomes based on learnings
- Ability to articulate consumer insights, influence decision making POVs, all the while successfully building productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Must play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies. Beat that Google