Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster and stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, and determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, and finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact both as an individual and as a member of our innovative engineering team. Dataminr was founded in 2009 and is backed by the world’s leading venture and growth technology investors so you’ll have the support of an established company while enjoying the flexible and creative work environment of a successful, high-growth tech startup. Why join a huge tech company where you’ll be one of thousands? At Dataminr, you’ll make a difference immediately and contribute to our product and analytics pipelines that process streaming data at scale. The problems we solve are meaningful - our engineering solutions really help people when every second counts. Come join us!
Who you are:
You're an experienced Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Software Engineer interested in helping us analyze and deliver insights from our product data and sales pipelines. You have stood up BI solutions before, you know what questions to ask, what the leading BI platforms require and how to optimize workflows to streamline business processes. You’re proficient at SQL and proprietary BI platform environments, you have experience with cloud-based architectures, analytics data structures and data quality. You work well with Data Analyst partners, are comfortable leading technical BI discussions, know when and how to make decisions and you enjoy mentoring and helping others.
You'll be using a combination of 3rd party and homegrown BI tooling to help our business and product teams learn from our data. In this role, you’ll help us build and evolve the BI solutions, working with our 3rd party vendor and other teams across engineering, product, finance, marketing, sales and customer success.
In the first month, you’ll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our BI tech stack and data structures with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- share responsibility for BI tooling with other members of your team.
- help to plan new features and improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our BI strategy.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- own an area of the BI stack.
- design BI features that impact multiple teams.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our BI tooling.
- bring new ideas to our engineering and BI processes to help us improve constantly.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.