Senior Audience Development Analyst
BuzzFeed News is seeking an ambitious, data-obsessed news junkie to be a part of our audience team in New York. This is an exciting opportunity to expand the reach of BuzzFeed News.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Audience Development Analyst role will also see beyond the numbers: They should be comfortable with digging through data and balancing that with an understanding of the newsroom’s journalistic goals and measures for real-world impact. They will also be responsible for working with the News Curation team to optimize BuzzFeed News’ distribution strategy on O&O, newsletters, social media platforms, and Apple News.
This person will also need to be a team player comfortable with giving feedback and collaborating with editors, reporters, and other stakeholders across the newsroom. They should be a clear communicator excited by finding creative solutions to problems around traffic, platform success, and building an even wider audience for BuzzFeed News’ award-winning journalism.
What You’ll Do:
- Crunch and analyze data around BuzzFeed News’ traffic
- Work with the newsroom to fine-tune editorial and platform strategy and answer questions around performance
- Send regular reports about traffic and performance to the news team
- Work with the News Curation team to fine-tune social strategy and offer feedback to desks
- Have comfort with running A/B tests, synthesizing data, and making data-driven suggestions based on data
- Have a good eye for optimizing stories — thinking hard about thumbs, headlines, and platform-specific packaging
- Be an effective communicator who can tailor your approach to different newsroom stakeholders
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.