Researcher, Member Experience
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected, consciously-engineered communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community.
As a Researcher in the Member Experience mission, you will help to develop a deep understanding of the social & professional needs of WeWork members, provide contextual insights on user behaviors, and craft narratives that influence the direction of our mission. You will be part of a cross-functional team of data scientists, researchers and data engineers, and you will collaborate with product managers and designers to plan and execute on iterative research that drives the way we build our products and measure their success.
Who you are:
- You enjoy collaborating with data scientists and product managers
- You are a creative and independent thinker
- You are capable of tackling loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical applications
- You enjoy telling a compelling story with data
- You are passionate about democratizing data access & discovery
- You are motivated by a fast-paced work environment
- Develop hypotheses and plan research studies around WeWork members’ behaviors at work, their needs (both social and professional), and their routines in the workplace
- Gather insights about WeWork members through research methods and data analysis, and interpret them through the lenses of product development, social science and user experience
- Work closely with data scientists and product managers to drive product KPIs based on your research insights
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so that your insights can easily be referenced and applied to future projects
- Evangelize tools and best practices to integrate qualitative data into the product development cycle
- You have 4+ years of experience in qualitative data analysis, user research or behavioral science
- You have the ability to plan, scope and execute research plans, and communicate their impact on product development
- You have experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams
- You have experience in survey research, including design, distribution, and analysis
- You have experience in a wide range of qualitative research methods, including surveys, focus groups, user interviews, diary studies, case studies and ethnography
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B testing, and are able to complement quantitative data with qualitative user research
Nice To Have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science
- Experience in data visualization or information design
- Familiarity with SQL
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings.
Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.