Manager, Supply and Inventory Planning
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global S&OP team. This person will support the global inventory planning team as a senior category inventory planner. Initial focus of the role will be to configure the inventory planning system (MRP) and see through its implementation and usage in everyday planning by the S&OP team and other cross-functional partners. This person should optimize the planning system based on his/her SKU level planning experience and champion its acceptance, updates / modifications, and application through skilled project leadership.
After initial system integration, this Manager, Supply & Inventory Planning will oversee everyday category inventory planning, managing end-to-end supply flow, including, but not limited to, analyzing initial needs based on demand, utilizing MRP, scenario planning, component planning, capacity planning, understanding purchase order pipeline, and reconciling and tracking deliveries as needed. This role will report to the Director, Supply and Inventory Planning. They will work in close collaboration with the broader Operations, Finance, and IT teams, and have frequent interaction with multiple company departments globally. The role is based in our New York office, but may require occasional travel and close partnership with colleagues and external partners around the globe. This will be an individual contributor role to start, with the opportunity to manager fairly quickly.
About the team:
The Global Sales & Operations Planning (“S&OP”) team at Harry’s is responsible for supply and demand planning globally and is part of the Global Operations organization. The team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance and in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Inventory planning system implementation
- Understand SKU-level planning needs to configure the MRP system needs appropriately
- Gain alignment from planning teams and other impacted cross-functional partners on the system’s operational structure
- Responsible for spearheading enhancement or adjustment needs post implementation
- Document system needs, inputs, and outputs to create and update the operating handbook, best practices guidelines, and FAQs for all team members
- End-to-end supply planning
- Inventory planning
- Global inventory strategy execution
- Excess and obsolete inventory recognition:
- Process implementation
- Help to build organizational capability to support an evolution to a consumption driven supply chain and be able to transition from monthly to weekly to daily planning in keeping with the organization's strategic road map
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
This should describe you:
- Minimum Bachelors degree required, with 5-7 years experience in an analytical environment
- Strong communication skills, especially in keeping relevant parties informed of changes, and understanding the cross-functional implications
- Proven project leadership skills through a new software system implementation, whether as a SME (subject matter expert) role or as a project overseer
- Problem-solver mentality—is curious, asks questions, and able to identify issues/challenges and utilize partner resources to try to solve for it or elevate as needed
- Proactive and forward-looking mindset over reactive
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, modelling capabilities a plus!
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and our selves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Director of Supply and Inventory Planning
- Work on the Sales & Operations Planning team
- Work cross-functionally with demand planning, sourcing and distribution/logistics operational partners, finance and accounting teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.