Manager, Research and Customer Insights
We’re looking for someone who craves to know the “why” behind the who, what, where, when and how to join Vimeo as the Manager, Research and Customer Insights.
In this role, you will be tasked with supporting quantitative research studies (product development, segmentation, satisfaction tracking, etc) as well as Vimeo’s usability efforts and online community, where key stakeholders throughout the company can have the opportunity to get feedback among current and prospective users on a consistent basis. You will also be responsible for designing and managing custom research studies for all business units, including product and marketing, among creators, live streamers and viewers. As Vimeo’s Manager, Research and Customer Insights, you will report to the Senior Director of Research and Customer Insights on the Business Intelligence team.
What you'll do:
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research across all aspects of the Vimeo platform
- Support studies related to Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, Performance Marketing, Growth and CRM to develop new products, optimize the funnel, increase subscribers, target personas and inform Vimeo’s international strategy
- Manage initiatives for Vimeo’s newest revenue streams, including Vimeo Stock, OTT and live streaming hardware (Mevo, Studio)
- Collaborate with the Product Analytics and A/B Testing Team to integrate research objectives with behavioral data to offer holistic insights
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to drive beta testing and post launch usability research
- Draft questionnaires based on objectives, write and program surveys, check vendor links, create banner plans, review tab specs, and analyze and visualize data (tables, charts, graphs, etc)
- Assist with recruitment and moderation for in-house 1:1 sessions, and present findings to key stakeholders
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 3-5 years of experience working on the vendor or client side
- Ability to write test plans and discussion guides for product team members for either in-house or self-moderated research (familiarity with UserTesting.com a plus)
- Analytical skills to generate both results and recommendations
- Ability to identify the best methodology (qualitative, quantitative, or mixture of both) and target audience to provide actionable insights
- Proficiency in survey programming (familiarity with Qualtrics a major plus), G-Suite (Google Docs, Sheets and Slides), Excel (pivot tables, filters, vlookups, etc.), and PowerPoint (charts/graphs)
- Bachelor’s degree in market research, statistics, math, economics, sociology, psychology, business or a similarly relevant field of study
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.