Manager, Customer Insights
We are looking for a curious and analytical insights expert who quickly translates customer learning into clear actions for maximizing long-term loyalty and value. As the Manager of Customer Insights, you’ll serve as the internal voice of our customers and inform business decisions for unlocking omni-channel growth across our retail and direct-to-consumer channels. You will be the expert on the Harry’s customer to identify and answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust and reliable custom research and syndicated information.
About the Team
At Harry’s, our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs and motivations of consumers is key to driving our business strategy and our Consumer Insights team is at the center of making that happen. Our insights team continuously taps our customers and consumers to understand what we’re doing well, where we can make improvements, and what they want to see from Harry’s in the future.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harry’s customer and their omni-channel purchase journey, loyalty drivers and barriers
- Uncover robust insights for optimizing the customer experience in retail and on the Harry’s website. Partner with our direct-to-consumer and retail teams to turn insights into actions for maximizing the impact of shopper marketing, web design, pricing/promotion and category growth efforts
- Measure and interpret ongoing customer sentiment to identify ongoing trends, impact of changes in offers/distribution, and pain-points for specific cohort groups
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap; execute a full plan comprised of primary market research and syndicated analyses and deliver timely results required to inform customer growth strategies
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams, senior management, and retail partners by distilling results to essential learning and actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Enhance customer and shopper insights capabilities to strengthen the breadth and depth of insights for building best-in-class relationships with our customers and retail partners
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault – Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning and uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th order questions
- Passionate about customers and shoppers – You champion a “customer first” mindset that strengthens our understanding of the category, shoppers, and distribution channels
- Crafty and creative – You look for creative solutions and aren’t afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives and timelines and build research approaches to suit. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or working with external partners when required
- Skilled data storyteller – You are comfortable analyzing and weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, and publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Unwaveringly objective – You represent the voice of the customer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to ingoing hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of uncovering insights that unlock opportunities to enhance the customer experience and expand our base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative and able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- 3-5 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods. DTC experience is a plus.
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative tools, moderating qualitative research, working with large databases, and conducting analytics to garner learning from raw data
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Sr. Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to the Retail and Direct-to-Consumer teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights and Marketing teams
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.