Manager Analytics, Subscription
About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Data is core to our growing business and has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. As a member of the Analytics team, you will collaborate with cross-functional partners on a wide range of complex problems. You’ll use data to help understand the subscription behavior of users and generate insights on how to keep them in the program longer. Your insights will be a key driver of RTR's subscription roadmap.
- Cross-functionally lead a team of multiple stakeholders (Product, Business, Analysts, Data, Engineering) to help Rent the Runway’s subscription business achieve new performance highs.
- Act as a champion for a data-driven culture and share best operating practices within as well as outside the Analytics team.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data mining to extract actionable insights on how our customers use our different subscription programs.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Product Director of Rent the Runway’s subscription business to analyze, design, and implement new business and product approaches. You will lead the day to day execution of strategy projects while guiding and developing individual team members.
- Define and track new success metrics to measure customer satisfaction and revenue growth. Develop new ways of looking at user behavior by analyzing her online activity as well as inventory usage.
- Lead the design of and evaluate experiments of features that impact user behavior. Diagnose and communicate root causes of changes in user behavioral metrics.
- Gather requirements and prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to support product launches and improvements.
- Lead the design and delivery of dashboards to measure the health of our different rental products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related technical field. Advanced degrees and specialization even better.
- 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in your past positions
- Passion for data and its fundamental ability to create value.
- Strong bias towards action and results-oriented mindset.
- Experience with subscription programs, in a startup environment is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Extremely curious and excited to dive into complex problems.
- High proficiency in databases and query languages (e.g: SQL)
- Experience with Tableau (reporting suite) and scripting languages (e.g: Python) preferred.