Machine Learning Engineer
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
Our mission at White Ops is to verify the humanity of every online transaction. Our core technology is human verification, the ability to distinguish human vs non human activity in a variety of environments and applications.
We are looking for people who love machine learning to join our growing team. Through our critical growth stage it is important that you approach old problems with fresh ideas and recognize the benefits and flaws in our current mode of operation. You will join a detection team comprised of hackers, data scientists, threat analysts, and software engineers that build the brain inside our products. The data is big, the adversaries are smart and the opportunity for innovation is beyond imagination.
Who you are…
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper.
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation, all by yourself.
- You are open, transparent and work in tight collaboration with anyone.
- You constantly drive for correctness and performance, in that order.
- You are a machine learning expert and have solved difficult problems to prove it.
What you will be doing…
- Develop machine learning models and improve existing ones to enhance our detection capabilities.
- Work with different teams across White Ops to productize your solutions.
- Own the entire lifecycle: Research. Design. Experiment. Build. Deploy. Monitor. Maintain.
- Read research papers and apply state-of-the-art techniques in our problem set.
What you will need...
- Track record of deploying machine learning models in highly performant environments with large amounts of complex data.
- Proficiency with Python and Tensorflow.
- Familiarity with tools, libraries and platforms such as Pandas, Numpy, Keras, Tensorflow, Spark.
- Knowledge of how the internet works.
- Knowledge of how web browsers work.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our London office is located in the heart of Shoreditch. As a company, we had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •