Machine Learning Engineer - AI Research
AlphaSense provides a revolutionary search engine for knowledge professionals.
Our mission is to curate the world's investment & market research content, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. Our users can rapidly search & discover key data points & track impactful new information with intelligent, automated alerts.
Our 800+ clients include many of the world's largest investment & advisory firms, global banks & corporations - helping our clients become dramatically more productive & gain an information edge by discovering critical data points & trends that others miss.
We are seeking a candidate with a passion for data that can learn fast and apply the latest innovations in deep learning and NLP to the world’s most effective business insights platform.
You will join our team of machine learning engineers developing the cutting edge AI & NLP systems that power AlphaSense Search. You are as excited about scaling these systems for production workloads as you are with developing cutting edge algorithms.
- Develop highly scalable deep learning models
- Adapt machine learning methods to make effective use of modern parallel environments, distributed clusters and GPUs
- Define performance and scalability requirements for models in production and translate into technical implementation plan and roadmap
- Own systems end-to-end including design, code, train, test, deployment and iteration
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years developing data pipelines with Python with additional experience in Java, Linux, and scripting languages that interact with cloud resources
- Demonstrated experience developing end-to-end NLP models to derive insights from text data using NLP libraries in Python
- Experience with building back-end services and APIs in Django or Flask
- Good grasp of data toolchains and best practices (such as Beam, Dataflow, Airflow, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with docker/kubernetes
- Experience using SQL, NOSQL and search databases (SOLR/Lucene, MySQL, Mongo/Cassandra, SOLR/Lucene, etc.)
- Experience working with cloud computing (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Experience with iterative Agile methodology and use of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Git
- Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Demonstrated experience in the software development lifecycle, from requirements to design to development and testing
- Strong communication skills and ability to build pipelines with little guidance in small teams and independently
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, debugging and analytical skills