Junior Fraud Analyst
Zola is a funded consumer technology startup based in New York City that launched successfully in October of 2013. Founded by many of the early team members from Gilt Groupe, we are focused on creating a new kind of e-commerce experience that addresses a huge market. Our mission? To re-invent the Wedding Registry for the modern couple. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning consumer ecommerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Gilt Taste, Twitter, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, Rent the Runway and Host Committee.
We are looking for an upbeat, organized, and analytical individual to join our Operations Team as a Junior Fraud Analyst. You will work closely with all members of the Operations Team. A love of weddings is appreciated!
This is a full-time position based out of our NY HQ.
About the position:
We are looking for a fraud analysts to review orders and transactions and identify fraud attempts. While we employ a suite of automated tools to review accounts and transactions, human insight and intuition is necessary to identify patterns in some cases.
- Review transactions and accounts daily for attempted fraud
- Monitor accounts for referral or promo abuse
- Respond to chargebacks and disputes
- Create daily, weekly and monthly reports of trends and fraud activity
- Collaborate with our internal engineering team and external partners to drive improvements in systems
- Keep a pulse on industry trends and fraud tactics
- Must have strong, friendly, and upbeat verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to remain cool, calm, collected and organized, even in times of high volume
- Problem-solving, decision making and relationship-building abilities
- Analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with data analysis and business intelligence tools
- Willingness and flexibility to work all shifts including weekends and overtime
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with fraud management tools like Sift Science a plus
- Knowledge of SQL and Looker a plus