Junior Data Engineer
Fluent is a leading performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
The performance analytics team is currently searching for a talented Junior Data Engineer who will work hard and help us develop the next generation of Fluent’s technologies. Our online presence touches millions of people per day, requiring the candidate to possess both cutting edge technical acumen and best in-class software development/design practices. We’re an agile group, but we know how to work hard and have fun. We are looking for a candidate that is analytically minded, open to new ideas, and actively demonstrates grit, often finding new and creative ways to solve problems. This role provides a strong opportunity for personal and career growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and Implement efficient data pipelining solutions
- Develop API integrations with third-party vendors.
- Optimize and Tune Database Processes
- Build Large Scale, High-Performance Analytical Frameworks to leverage Fluent’s unique product offerings.
Education & Experience:
- About 2 years of professional experience excluding internships and academic work
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Equivalent Program ( Mathematics, etc.)
- Familiarity building and shipping production software
- Previous work with distributed system technologies ( Spark, Hadoop, EMR), NoSQL ( MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J), and RDBMS(MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Proficiency in one or more of the following ( Python, Java, Scala, C#, or C++)
- Clear Communication Skills and a strong desire to challenge the status quo
At Fluent, we like what we do and we like who we do it with. Our team is a tight-knit crew of go-getters; we love to celebrate our successes! In addition to two fully-stocked kitchens, catered breakfast and lunch, and free workout classes on site, our office manager keeps the calendar stocked with activity-filled events. When we’re not eating, working out, or planning parties, Fluent folks can be found participating in recreational sports leagues, networking with She Runs It, and bonding with across teams during quarterly outings to baseball games, fancy dinners, and pizza-making classes. And we have all the practical benefits, too…
- Competitive salary
- Discounted gym memberships
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Open office space for team collaboration
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- The amazing opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company