Jr. Clinical Data Abstractor - New York
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are looking for Jr. Data Abstractors (JDAs) to join our rapidly growing clinical data team. JDAs will be responsible for reviewing clinical records, structuring key data elements and helping to ensure that clinicians who treat cancer patients have access to meaningful data and insights.
- Extract, structure and analyze data to construct the foundation of a cancer genomics database
- Work with multiple data sources to extract information to pull into various reports
- Maintain highest quality standards through rigorous QA process to identify and correct mistakes and inconsistencies in abstracted data
- BS or MS degree in Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Cancer Biology, or Biology preferred
- 0-3 years work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work in an agile and expanding team environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt quickly