Decision Scientist I (Systems Engineer)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Systems Analyst. In this highly visible role, you will use simulation and systems thinking to evaluate and inform new business initiatives as well as development and execution of technology roadmaps. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, problem solving, development of operational concepts, scenario planning, and modeling of high fidelity simulations of our logistics systems.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Work with our simulation analyst to calibrate input distributions
- Identify new behavioral models and fit distributions to match real-world behaviors
- Model system interactions and behaviors for various holistic initiatives
- Inform simulation development with behavioral model prioritization
- Develop simulation validation and methodology
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Test out new algorithms and business policies with our crack operations research team.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
You Should Have
- Experience applying descriptive statistics, business process or scenario analysis, and visualization to solve real-world problems
- Education in Systems Engineering or another applied math or engineering field
- Comfort communicating analytical findings using statistical libraries and visualization tools in a language like Python or R
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business users
Got These? Even Better
- Experience with Python and R or other data analysis tools
- Experience with Agent Based Modeling
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Time spent working on a business intelligence or operational analysis team
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.