Data Warehouse Engineer
Moda Operandi is the global destination for luxury fashion, providing bespoke access, brand discovery, and unparalleled curation. At Moda you will have the unique opportunity to innovate, inspire others, and engage with fashion at the highest level.
We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer who will provides business analysts, data scientists and reporting and analysis tools with timely and accurate data. Moda Operandi amasses a high volume of structured and unstructured data in multiple production systems. In this role, you’ll take ownership of bringing that data together in a data warehouse to enable reporting and analysis activities. In addition, you’ll assist the Data Science team in accessing and making sense of data in its raw form. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Hands on support of current ETL processes, share responsibilities for monitoring the data warehouse loading process
- The candidate will manage and enhance the data warehousing environment and to take it through the future iterations
- Establish the long-term strategy and technical architecture for the data warehouse
- Define and implement technical requirements, technical and data architectures for the data warehouse
- Design and manage the ETL process, including data quality and testing
- Design and manage the information access and delivery effort for the data warehouse
- Define and manage the implementation of security requirements for the data warehouse
- Define and implement production release requirements and sustainment architecture
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Experience with open source columnar clustered database such as Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience w/ one or more of the following relational databases: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server
- Experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools like: Tableau, Jasper, Pentaho, Google Cloud Studio
- Bachelor degree in such fields as information systems, computer science, mathematics and statistics.
- 3+ years of work experience in as a lead architect in Data warehouse design and development
- Statistical background a plus
- Experience with Python, Java, or C++ a plus
- Experience w/ clickstream analysis
- Experience w/ Hadoop and related technologies such as Hive, PIG, Hue
- Experience w/ Amazon Web Services technologies like S3, SQS, EMR, SimpleDB, etc
- Experience w/ very large data volumes (millions of daily events)