Join the team changing the way financial software works. For the past 8 years OpenFin has been on the forefront of innovation in financial technology. From HTML5 to open source development, we are leading the charge in creating industry standards.
As we continue to break new ground on the product side, we are seeking a Data Scientist to lead a number of strategic initiatives and create a more data-driven product approach. You will be working hands-on with product and engineering teams in these efforts. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong mathematical background with experience in development, developer advocacy, product management, or similar.
As a Data Scientist at OpenFin you will:
- Work with stakeholders to enrich the OpenFin product through data science features
- Manage the execution of data products, including writing user stories and setting up sprints and backlogs
- Design and document data processes
- Develop algorithms for natural language extraction and recommendations
- Work collaboratively across teams. Build consensus and trust with stakeholders and alignment around common company goals
- Create community around data science and data-driven products. Build strong, personal relationships with customers and partners
- Develop and communicate the measures of success
We’re looking for colleagues with:
- Minimum of 5 years of data science experience
- Expertise in Python, NLP, & Numpy
- Proficient with data visualization and visual design tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Excellent Mathematical skills
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, highly detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively persuade and collaborate
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- An analytical mindset, passionate about using data and research to develop insight
- Familiarity with agile and other modern development practices
- Knowledge of financial software applications and users is strongly preferred
Move Fast. Break Nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry’s operating system, enabling rapid and secure deployment, native experience and desktop interoperability. Used by the largest industry players through to the newest of FinTech innovators, OpenFin deploys more than 1,000 desktop applications to more than 1500 buy-side and sell-side firms. OpenFin investors include Bain Capital Ventures, Barclays, DRW Venture Capital, NEX Euclid Opportunities, J.P. Morgan, NYCA Partners, Pivot Investment Partners and Wells Fargo among others. The company has offices in New York and London.
OpenFin is an engineering-forward company, with software developers making up 75% of the team. To see what they’ve been up to, check out OpenFin on LinkedIn or take a look at their Blog.
Why Work Here?
- Experienced, dedicated, and hands-on managers
- A highly collaborative development process that values both team players and independent learners
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health and Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) and Equity Options
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy
- Stocked kitchen and beer on tap
- Team lunches, events, and happy hours
- Annual Offsite