Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for Data Scientists with strong mathematical backgrounds to work alongside our engineering teams to build the next generation of retail and commerce models that delight and empower marketers. The ideal candidate is one that is excited by machine learning at scale, eager to dive into the literature researching the right models, able to design the right experiments to identify the most suitable model, and write and maintain production code to serve the models in collaboration with engineering colleagues. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
First-party data is at the core of everything we build and the Data Science team at Bluecore is at the forefront of exploring innovative and exciting ways to activate that data asset. We’re a dedicated team of data scientists and engineers working together to build powerful models that empower marketers to make the right decisions and engage their customers with personalized content. Our approach to building models is an academic one, starting with a literature search, a baseline, and an iterative process of training and validation to identify the most suitable model that is as simple as possible and as powerful as necessary. We employ a wide variety of models, such as Bayesian models for predicting customer lifetime value, matrix factorization to identify a customer’s product affinity and reinforcement learning to prioritize the right message at the right time. Our models operate at scale and crunch through millions of data points to make decisions that have been shown to double revenue and triple reach, and are designed in a flexible manner to generalize across our set of 300+ diverse customers who span industries from apparel to automotive. To explore, build, deploy and maintain models we leverage many tools such as BigQuery, Spark, Cloud SQL, Keras, TensorFlow, Airflow, Google App Engine and Google Compute Engine. Finally, we’re a team that values applied research and constantly exploring the frontier of what’s possible; diving into topics such as topic modeling, restricted Boltzmann machines, recurrent neural networks, convolutional neural networks for image feature extraction, and most recently an extensive dive into differential privacy.
- Identifying appropriate models/algorithms to solve product requirements
- Meticulous experimentation to evaluate and compare models
- Writing internal and external facing documentation describing models and approaches
- Deploying models to production and maintaining them
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics or other relevant quantitative disciplines, or equivalent industry experience
- Relevant coursework and experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimization
- Deep understanding of statistical/probabilistic analysis and linear algebra
- At least one year of relevant industry experience, including internships
- Ability to write production-ready code
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Optimization
- Experience with ML at scale
- Experience with scale computing: Hadoop/Scala/Spark/Cassandra
- Experience with SQL
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.