Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is now a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About this position:
Foursquare is expanding its world class analytics team with the mission of reinventing how the online and offline world is connected using our proprietary location intelligence solutions. Foursquare is seeking a NYC-based talented analytics professional to help with all aspects of strategic insight development, leveraging our unique foot traffic panel and location technology. Reporting into the Head of Analytics, this role will work closely with the engineering, product and the sales organizations to optimize the company’s B2B products. The data scientist will work with the cross-functional product team to develop compelling and innovative applications of our data, and build out methods for improving our algorithms and product quality.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun, and creative approach to their work. They should be a motivated self-starter with exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills. Industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and strategic analytics with large datasets is preferred. We're looking for those who are interested in location-based services, learning new skills on an advanced platform, and producing high quality.
- 3+ years work experience as a data scientist or in analytics, working with big datasets
- Expertise in SQL and at least one functional or statistical programming language (e.g., Python, R, Scala)
- A solid understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research & analytics providers, including emerging tools and methods
- Experience in any of the following fields: strategic analytics, marketing analytics, digital analytics, data analytics, statistics, data science, big data, normalization, modeling, quant research, analytics consulting
- Familiarity with Foursquare or location data and an ability to clearly understand our underlying data assets
- Ability to distill complex statistical concepts and methodology, and articulate insights to cross-functional teams and clients with varying levels of knowledge in this space
- Must be a self-motivated team player and comfortable working in a small, fast paced, exciting environment
- Ability to think strategically and tie analytical work to business strategy
- MS or PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Engineering or a BS with extensive experience in the field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.