Data Scientist II (Forecasting & Scheduling)
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Data Scientist with a focus on predictive modelling. In this highly visible role, you will build and deploy models predicting various aspect of the business’ logistics. You will also perform analysis to inform on the business.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, problem solving, development of predictive models, deployment and maintenance of those models.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Build models, from selecting features to optimizing.
- Be a stakeholder for our models! Help guide and prioritize development of predictive models to enhance our capabilities.
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Produce novel analysis giving insights into the business
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
You Should Have
- 2-5 years of experience applying descriptive statistics, machine learning, building predictive models and visualization to solve real-world problems
- MSc or PhD in in statistics, mathematics, computer science or another quantitative field
- Comfort communicating analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds using statistical libraries and visualization tools in Python
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders
Got These? Even Better
- Experience deploying regression, GLM, tree-based and Bayesian models with Python in a production environment
- Experience with distributed data and computing tools like Spark, Hive and Presto
- Experience using cloud infrastructure like AWS
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.