Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
Bluecore’s Data Insights team is a client facing extension of the Data Science team and has two key focuses - First to deliver custom deep dive analyses and models to our largest enterprise clients, and second to productize and scale the most relevant insights/models so that they can be delivered to hundreds of clients. As an Insights Analyst on the team, your job would be to mine, explore, and analyze terabytes of behavioral data and digital marketing engagement data from across 300+ retail brands to discover and deliver actionable insights and models for our clients.
We’re looking for a highly motivated data analyst with a strong technical background and a knack for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind data and its application to business. We are looking for candidates with fluency in SQL, and Python or R and who enjoy and appreciate creative thinking, relentlessly digging into data, and turning the results into clearly communicated and compelling actionable insights or models. You’ll be working closely with the other analysts on the Data Insights team and data scientists on the Data Science team, as well as collaborating with Bluecore’s customer success and strategy teams to deliver these insights and models to our clients. You will be responsible for discovering, understanding, solving, and communicating the business problems that our brands face and working with our engineering teams to create automated solutions.
- Build, maintain and improve custom models that help our clients solve specific retail marketing goals such as getting buyers to buy in a new category
- Design and build KPI reports and visualizations in Jupyter Notebooks, Data Studio and Looker to help make our teams and clients successful
- Work with our customer success strategists to help form strategies based on our insights to help our clients reach their business goals
- Track and monitor the performance of our strategy recommendations. Provide recommendations for optimizations
- Work with customers and internal customer success and sales teams to discover the challenges faced by our clients
- Work with our marketing teams to surface interesting trends in our massive retail dataset to drive marketing collateral and blog posts
- Work with engineers to generalize and automate analysis developed on Jupyter Notebooks, and Looker using tools such as Pandas, Airflow, Google BigQuery, and CloudSQL
- Position located in our New York City office
- BS in analytical fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Business Intelligence
- 1+ years experience in business analysis, consulting, data analysis or other similarly analytical roles, preferably dealing with large datasets
- Retail ecommerce analytics experience is a plus
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, rapidly changing environment
- Experience with R, Python or other languages for data analysis is a must
- Fluency in SQL and Python or R is a must
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills for cross-team collaboration
- Experience creating dashboards with Looker, Periscope, and other similar data visualization tools is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics is a plus
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.