At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
The analytics team collects a wide variety of data - structured and unstructured - which are brought together to drive key business decisions. This includes website and mobile app logs to track content displayed and user interactions, transaction tables with full audit trails, and inventory/fulfillment lifecycles. The end goal is to empower the analyst in mining key insights on the user experience across all devices and marketing channels.
About the Job:
This Data Engineer will support our data logging, processing, reporting, and visualization frameworks which unlock the power of our unique datasets across our business and product
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the full lifecycle of ownership for the data warehousing and reporting infrastructure including design, build, and maintenance.
- Support new reporting requirements while maintaining system performance and handling increasing complexity by setting standards across the stack.
- Increase the reliability and efficiency of backend systems to empower analysts, and provide exceptional level of confidence around data quality.
- Familiarity with tools and best practices that support data warehousing and reporting at scale, and continuously seek/implement new tools to improve the infrastructure.
- Academic background in Computer Science, MIS, or other quantitative/engineering field with 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Worked actively in distributed data warehousing platforms like Vertica, Aster, Redshift etc. – experience in sharding, handling data-shipping.
- High proficiency in relational databases (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL stores (e.g. MongoDB); experience in merging disparate data forms.
- Experience in custom ETL development and tools including scripting languages (Python preferable).
- Extensive practice using SQL for analytics research and data cleansing.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.