We're seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join our growing data team. You will team up with our data engineer to build, scale and improve the core of our data stack. In addition, you will be working closely with our analytics team to productionalize statistical and machine learning models. We are looking for someone who’s excited to help us ask the right questions, dig deep into the answers, and build solid systems that address them.
A little about us
The Paperless Post Data team plays a crucial role in our product’s success. We get to dive into advanced data work—from machine learning to visualization, classifier creation to ETL pipelines—that solve complex business problems and increase the functional capabilities of everyone throughout the company. On the reporting side, we help ensure that all teams have the information they need to make sound business decisions. Above all, we’re a team that is excited about what we do.
What you’ll do here
- Build efficient and reliable data infrastructure and tools.
- Develop production code for real-time data processing, ETLs and machine learning services.
- Analyze the data we collect to generate important insights with our analytics team.
- Deploy and monitor production systems.
As an ideal candidate, you have a good blend of programming, analysis, and communication skills.
This describes you
- You have an expert knowledge with AWS (Data Pipeline, Lambda, Redshift) and best practices.
- You have experience with modern ETL and data modeling technologies.
- You have a solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- You have a strong understanding of data security and protection.
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have the desire and willingness to take on new challenges and learn new things.
This is a bonus
- You have experience with Hadoop / MapReduce or Spark.
- You have experience working on and productionizing machine learning models.
- You have experience with real-time data processing.
- You have experience with database architecture.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a healthy balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on building and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 70 million people connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We encourage people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply!