Squarespace is looking for hands-on Data Architect to join the newly created Data Integrity organization. As a member of this new organization you will engage with business and technology SMEs to develop practical, robust and Agile Data Architecture to support fast changing requirements. You’ll be a point of contact for Data related projects and promote how Data can support the business strategic programs including the ownership and implementation of the data strategy.
You’ll partner with data engineers and data scientists, as well as Finance and Compliance, Marketing and Product Leads.
You’ll report to Data Integrity Lead. Position is located in New York City.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following skills/experience: hands-on skills in processing large datasets, familiarity with data structure, big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques
- Design unified metadata platform using existing products and homegrown tools
- Design Instrumentation framework for various data pipelines to collect metadata and executes data controls
- Design Master Data Management and Reference Data platform
- Develop mapping documents that demonstrate data lineage
- Create and revise data dictionaries and governance standards
- Convert logical data models into working physical data models and document and maintain lineage between the two artifacts
- Extensive architecture and design experience with complex applications across various data platforms (Relational, NoSQL, Big Data)
- Conduct walkthroughs of the data models with different stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of ERwin Data Modeler (V8 or higher) or a comparable CASE tool
- Working knowledge of data warehousing concepts and various design patterns. Data Vault design is a big plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology and concepts
- Hands-on experience implementing and tuning Data Stores and queries
- Experience with three or more of the following technologies: Postgres, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, MongoDB
- Customer relationship management skills and the ability to support and promote teamwork
- Health insurance with 100% premium covere
- Flexible vacation & paid time of
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leav
- Equity pla
- 401(k) plan with employer matc
- Free lunch and snack
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the yea
- Dog-friendly workplac
- Education reimbursement
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.