About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
Data at Q:
Our mission is to enable Q to achieve its product and business objectives by making decisions quickly and accurately. We own the data platform that provides trustworthy, actionable information to all of Q, and leverage data to deliver high-impact analytic tools and analyses that help the organization learn faster. We’re a small team of generalists, we have a culture focused on learning and continuous improvement, we work with stakeholders across the organization, and we believe in self-service analytics. Read more here.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Analyst on the Data Team you’ll own problems from beginning to end. You’ll identify problems suitable for the Data Team, advocate for and implement solutions, assess impact, and iterate. Examples of projects you could be working on include:
- Building and maintaining a trustworthy and actionable data platform -- help teams across the organization self-serve on things like business performance and user engagement
- Analyzing the leading indicators of customer churn, and build tools for the team to address problems proactively
- Using NLP and behavioral data to understand messaging behavior, identifying issues and opportunities to improve the customer experience
What we’re looking for:
- Track record of using data and applying statistics/ML to improve business results
- Fluent in a scripting language (we use Python)
- Comfortable using SQL to access and transform raw data, writes performant queries suitable for reuse in a Business Intelligence tool (we use Looker and dbt)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, identifies high leverage opportunities, and makes appropriate trade-offs
- Strong communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences and advocate effectively
Benefits and perks:
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.
Questions for application (en lieu of a cover letter):
- Tell me about a time you identified a problem or opportunity and used data to improve business results
- What are you looking for next in your career?